It’s wonderful to see the new arrivals for fall.
And I’m not the only one who feels that way. I hear you in the aisles, saying it loud and clear: fall collections are soooo much fun!
So to make you happy, here’s a look at the trends you can see in the shops right now.
1. Seventies-style bohemian-flavoured earth tones: khaki, rust and mustard, in materials like suede and denim. (at Simons)
2. The baroque opulence of lace, velvet and guipure. (at Simons)
3. Prints. All kinds, but with flowered still mostly front and centre… (at Simons)
4. Military-inspired looks, like this double-breasted jacket straight out of the Marines. (Tristan)
5. Quilted weaves, from the one and only Chanel. (Tristan)
6. Pink, everywhere — though I predict that by the end of next month, we’ll see the arrival of red and mauve! (Aldo and BCBG)
7. Lurex, and all those fibres that sparkle so bright. Disco time! (BCBG)
8. Rock, rock and more rock. We’ve got leather, chokers and that famous biker jacket, the Perfecto. (BCBG)
9. Bare shoulders. Yes, even for winter… (H&M)
10. T-shirts under dresses. Preferably in black and white, and for those of you under 25… (Garage)
Happy fall shopping at Les Promenades Gatineau!
Stylist and blogger, Les Promenades Gatineau